Thursday, August 27, 2009

Julie and Julia

I saw the movie Julie and Julia the other night. I think this would have been a much easier blog to do. Cooking my way through a year of french recipes, instead of getting into shape by trying out for a roller derby team. But, a year of that much butter is NOT the way that I should go. Maybe I should cook my way through the weight watchers cookbook...that would be better. But, I really don't like to cook...so I'll stick with this derby blog instead. Today the Julie and Julia thing made me think about what I learned last night. I learned that nation wide, in the derby, there are "derby wives". Yup, I guess you pair up with another roller girl (she could even be on a different team) and, I don't know...cook together? I think it's something about having each others back, sharing a bond of friendship, a relationship with the shared link of roller derby love. I'll have to get more info on this. All I know is that it is happening out there & I just heard about it...I'll keep ya posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment